Global Day of Pro-Peltier/Anti-Pipeline Action to Commemorate Wounded Knee ’73 | Earth First! Newswire: Just days after the previous administration denied clemency to Peltier, the next one followed up with a commitment to push through as many oil and gas pipelines as it could… This is a clear example of how the U.S. is continuing a legacy of corruption and greed that can can only be backed by extreme repression and the largest prison system in the world.
The goals of this mobilization are to show Leonard (and the world) that he is not forgotten, and illustrate that we are not backing down in our fight with the energy empire.
On February 26, A rally will be starting at the Coleman federal prison where American Indian Movement (AIM) prisoner Leonard Peltier is locked up for his involvement in fighting to defend people and land in Lakota territory. His incarceration stemmed from efforts to challenge corruption, violence and resource extraction on the Pine Ridge Reservation, of which the 71 day Wounded Knee stand-off with the U.S. government in ’73 was one example. Peltier was framed in 1975 during a shoot-out with FBI agents on the Reservation.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.