Jewish Center Bomb Threats Update: Israeli-American teen believed to be behind threats | Mic: Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said that Israeli police worked with the FBI for months before making the arrest, CNN reported. The teen, who reportedly holds dual Israeli and U.S. citizenship, is believed to have used "advanced camouflage technologies" while calling in threats to community centers, synagogues and in the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand, according to Rosenfeld. One threat was called into Delta Airlines in 2015, and allegedly led to a plane making an emergency landing, the Associated Press reported.
The AP reported that the suspect, from the south of Israel, was reportedly behind "dozens" of threats made to Jewish institutions since January.
Rosenfeld told journalists that Israeli police searched the suspect's home and found equipment including antennas and satellite technology, according to the AP. Rosenfeld also reportedly identified the suspect as a hacker and called him "the guy who was behind the JCC threats." Rosenfeld also said that, so far, the suspect's motive's remain unclear.
This latest arrest is another twist to the ongoing saga of threats made against Jewish institutions in the U.S. In early March, U.S. authorities arrested former journalist Juan Thompson in connection with at least some of the threats made to JCCs.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.