Pregnant mom calls for help, ends up killed by police. Her tribe wants answers | KUOW News and Information: It wasn’t the first time Renee had reached out to friends and family for emotional support. And on that day, Oct. 21, her texts grew more desperate as night fell.
Renee’s boyfriend found King County Deputy Nicholas Pritchett, who was assigned to the Muckleshoot Reservation, and asked him to check on Renee. He told the deputy that Renee had access to guns.
Pritchett had worked on the reservation for seven years, according to police records, and he knew Renee. He had responded to about a half dozen incidents involving her as a victim of domestic violence.
A second deputy, Tim Lewis, arrived as backup.
The two men walked up to Renee’s house and knocked, but no one answered right away. According to a statement from the King County Sheriff’s Office, one of Renee’s toddler daughters eventually let them into the house.
They found Renee in bed with a handgun in one hand and ammunition in the other.
Links to this posting:
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.