Trailer-hitch attack on First Nations woman called ‘hate crime’ | Toronto Star: She said she and her sister were walking together in a residential neighbourhood of Thunder Bay early in the morning on Jan. 29 when a car drove towards them and a blond passenger wearing a plaid shirt and a baseball cap hurled something in their direction.
Barbara, 34, was hit in the abdomen with a metal trailer hitch and Melissa, 37, says she heard someone in the car say, “I (expletive) got one of them.”
“It came from the passenger side,” Melissa said in a phone interview from Thunder Bay.
Barbara required surgery for her injuries.
Melissa said Barbara’s body appears to be shutting down and she has been told by doctors that her liver and kidneys are shutting down.
“She looks like a skeleton,” Melissa said.
“She said, ‘I can feel it. I’m dying. It’s my body that’s giving up,’ ” Melissa said.
Links to this posting:
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.