Take Action Now - Amnesty International USA: Sara Beltran Hernandez is a 26-year-old mother of two from El Salvador who is fighting for her freedom.
According to her affidavit in support of her claim for asylum, back in El Salvador, Sara suffered serious physical and psychological domestic violence, and was sexually abused. Sara also received death threats from a gang leader and gang members who are believed to have killed people in the past.
Fearing for all their lives and unable to turn to the police, Sara fled to the U.S. to seek asylum with her family.
Sara has been detained in U.S. jails since she arrived 15 months ago. Sara is suffering from a serious medical condition which requires immediate medical attention.
As President Trump's aggressive immigration orders continue, we will fight to ensure that people with asylum claims are given a fair hearing, and that they are not treated like criminals while their cases are processed. We must do everything we can to ensure protection for people fleeing violence, like Sara.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.