BJP Leader Says Brahmins Ate Beef Before India Became An Agrarian Country, Then Retracts Comment: [huffingtonpost.in] "Before India became an agrarian country, there are examples where all communities including Brahmins have slaughtered cows for consumption," he said on a Kannada news channel during a panel discussion on the Centre's notification banning sale and purchase of cattle at animal markets for slaughter.
Several state party leaders like C T Ravi and Go Madhusudhan condemned Acharya's remarks, which apparently referred to the Vedic period.
Distancing the party from Acharya's comments, senior BJP MLA and spokesperson Suresh Kumar said in a Facebook post that the reamrks were "completely against the party's beliefs and ideology."
As he came under attack from within the BJP and in the social media, Acharya told PTI, "I have retracted from my statement, as I want to close the issue. I don't want to hurt my party."
Speaking on the TV channel, Acharya pointed out that various tribes in the North-East even today eat cow.
Links to this posting:
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.