#PortlandStabbing victim's supporters confront friend of #JeremyChristian
'frame width 480 height 270 src https://www.youtube.com/embed/hRM4-Y8StGs frameborder 0 allowfullscreen> /iframe>
After a man showed up to the hallway outside of the arraignment Tuesday
of accused murderer Jeremy Christian and says he's there to see his
friend "Jeremy," a crowd turns on him. Many in the crowd are supporters
of surviving victim Micah Fletcher. As the man spends a few minutes
tying his shoes, the crowd demands answers.
Jeremy Christian Threatened to Decapitate MAX Passengers, Court Records Suggest - Blogtown - Portland Mercury - The report's author, an investigator named Michele Michaels, writes that she also saw footage in which she could hear Christian making threats. Michaels writes that the knife "looked to swing into position by centrifugal force/forceful action."
Michaels also personally spoke with the two teenage girls who Christian allegedly began shouting epithets at, leading to the attack. She writes that the teens "told me they felt threatened by the racial and religious epithets and actions."
As the Mercury first reported, Christian was a known for his white supremacist views well before the attack occurred.
The probable cause document is short, with a bare minimum of detail that could still see Christian held for the felony and misdemeanor counts he now faces: murder, attempted murder, intimidation, and being a felon in possession of a deadly weapon. But the report is also the first—albeit incomplete—version of events we've heard from Fletcher. You can read it here [PDF].
Read the full article …
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.