Two Ontario police officers charged in death of Oneida Nation of the Thames woman | Warrior Publications: by Mark Blackburn, APTN National News, July 13, 2017
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has charged two police officers with the death of Debra Chrisjohn, 39, a member of the Oneida Nation of the Thames.
According to the release from the SIU, Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Const. Mark McKillop, and London Police Service (LPS) Const. Nicholas Doering are facing one charge each of criminal negligence causing death, and failing to provide the necessities of life.
The following details were released on the SIU site:
In response to calls made to 911 in the late afternoon hours of September 7, 2016, London Police Service (LPS) officers were dispatched to the area of Trafalgar Street and Highbury Avenue North. Chrisjohn was arrested by LPS, and transferred on an outstanding warrant into the custody of Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers with the Elgin County detachment. At 7:52 p.m., Emergency Medical Services transported Chrisjohn to St. Thomas Hospital.
Ms. Chrisjohn was pronounced dead at 8:43 p.m.
Links to this posting:
Aboriginal News Group
Contributing Editors, International Correspondents & Affiliates
- (RIP) John John [Occupied Canada]
- Sina Brown-Davis [Occupied Australia]
- (RIP) Ridwan Laher [Rep. of South Africa]
- Mars2Earth [Occupied Aotearoa]
- Bolivia Rising [Bolivia]
- Simon Moya-Smith [Occupied N. America]
- Zashnain Zainal [Malaysia]
- Rodrigo Sanchez-Chavarria [Peru/Occupied N. America]
- Debbie Reese [Occupied N. America]
- Gerald and Maas Night\u2019s Lantern [Occupied Canada]
- Min Reyes [Occupied Canada]
- @alyssa011968 [Occupied N. America]
- Martyn Namorong [Papua New Guinea]
- Abiyomi Kofi [Occupied N. America]
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse [Occupied N. America]
- Vagabond Beaumont [Occupied Puerto Rico/N. America]
- Lupe Morales [Occupied N. America/Oaxaca,MX]
- Aztatl Garza [Occupied N. America]
This is an Ad-Free Newswire
Southern Poverty Law Center
This site uses the Blogspot Platform
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is maintained by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS) a subset of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All material provided here is for informational purposes only, including all original editorials, news items and related post images, is published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license (unless otherwise stated) and/or 'Fair Use', via section 107 of the US Copyright Law). This publication is autonomous; stateless and non-partisan. We refuse to accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations and assume no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked data of any other referenced website. The APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal and/or violent behaviour.